Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Term 2 Review by Leila

Term 2
Term 2 was absolutely extraordinary! We had lots of spine-tingling topics. I shall go into more detail about a couple of activities that were involved.
Dibba
Dibba was definitely the one of the two highlights of this term for me! My favourite activity was indubitably rock climbing. The thrill that you feel when you eventually touch the tape at the top is indescribable.
Hatred and Hope
The amazingly written year 6 production Hatred and Hope was undoubtedly the other highlight of the term (and most likely the year). In it I am the floor steward of the ammunitions factory. It is a small part compared to some other peoples and I am hoping for a bigger next show.
Us and them
Since we had just watched the boy in the striped pyjamas, Mr Watson and Miss Bates split year 6 into two fair groups and named them us and them. The us group got to eat cookies and tell the them group what to do, while the them group had to wipe the floor, run around the field, get beaten and get called numbers instead of names. I was in the us group but didn’t feel as powerful as people such as Matty, François and Angus. I didn’t want to be treated like the them group so I didn’t stick up for them or sympathise out loud but I did want to and seeing people like Hollis stick for them and then get into trouble did not encourage me.

No comments: