Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Harry's first day

Today was my first day at my new School called All Hallows. I started school at 8.20am . In the morning I had to go straight to my tutor group where my tutor, Mrs Colgan, gave me my folder. Mrs Colgan teaches science, R.E. (religious education) and Geography. There are 4 other Harrys in my group and 3 of them are Harry H's too!!

After register, we went down to Chapel and my new Headteacher, Mr Murphy, talked about what was going to happen over the next few days and we were each given a prayer book. After that I had a science lesson where we learnt about acids and we put acid into test tubes, I had to wear a lab coat and goggles. It was really cool but a bit scary because we were playing with things that can burn through your skin. Next, I had English and we listened to a tape of Artemis Fowl and we had to write notes, then it was break where I played tag with some of the boys. It felt weird, not the same as Kings Dubai. After break, I had Music with Mr Redman and we learnt a song called Consider yourself at home from Oliver Twist, then it was reading, followed by lunch where I had Roast Turkey and lots of vegetables. Afterwards we had Art where my Art teacher, Mr Somerfield, set a quiz about portraits and I got 8 out of 10! The last lesson of the day was Maths and we did rounding up of decimals, which was quite easy.

I had a great first day and I saw Patrick a lot. Since I am taller than Patrick lots of people in his year kept on calling me Big Patrick or Big Brother and Patrick, Little Brother. It was kind of annoying. I hope everyone is enjoying school at Kings and I miss you all.
Bye from Harry H

Please Mr Watson will you put on the blog for me? Here is a picture of Rose and I on our first day. The blue bags are all our Sports kit!

1 comment:

henry mcdf said...

HELLO this is henry mcdf. i left at the end of year 5 and I live in England now. Bye