Saturday, February 26, 2011

World War Two Auditions

Audition Script
Please choose which bit of script you want to learn. If you want a bigger part, choose the larger part to learn. You need to know it off by heart and you need to try and put in lots of expression. Both characters are soldiers in the trenches.

Character A:
This isn’t what I thought it would be like. I can’t believe I thought this would be an adventure. I was so stupid. I want to write home but what would I tell them? Can’t tell them the truth…  Can’t them how tough this is. Haven’t had any sleep for days and they call this food? As for Danny- what would I say about him? He never even had the chance to say goodbye…

Character B:
Come on. Pull yourself together. Stiff upper lip and all that. We are soldiers after all.


Audition song

Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag,
And smile, smile, smile.
While you've a lucifer to light your fag,
Smile, boys, that's the style.
What's the use of worrying,
It never was worthwhile, so
Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag,
And smile, smile, smile.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml8fwLyRTdo&feature=related  (there are loads of different versions but this is the section of song we are using for the auditions)

1 comment:

Lucy Field said...

It sounds like your play is going to be GREAT!!