Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jack on Dibba

Hi,

On the morning of the trip I was really excited about our Absolute Adventure. The bus trip over there felt like days but once we got there I was raring to go!
We did trekking as our first activity, which I thought was great. On the first night we did not get a lot of sleep because we were very excited about our day ahead.
The next day we had Rock climbing in the morning, which was brilliant because it was on real rock instead of a rock climbing wall. I managed to scale both easy and hard rock faces and I wanted to carry on forever!. In the afternoon we had sea kayaking. I went in a pendulum kayak with William. We both worked really well together because our strokes were in time so we were flying across the sea. That night we slept like logs that night because we were so tired! On the third day we went mountain biking, which I thought was the best activity because I enjoy Mountain biking a lot. I especially enjoyed the jumps, on which I got huge air! Then we had orienteering with a lot of activities that were team building based, so we learnt a lot about each other. The next day was the dhow cruise which was really fun because the boat was rocking crazily from side to side! Where we anchored was a bit disappointing because the sea was very murky so we could not see any fish or sea life.

I learnt loads of new things like: how to use a camelbak, how to orienteer with a compass, how to climb a real rock face, how to get back in a kayak in the water and to jump a mountain bike. I really enjoyed the trip overall and thank you everyone for organising the absolute adventure! And thanks again to all of the Absolute Adventure staff for leading the activities!

No comments: