Sunday, February 20, 2011

Harry H's Rugby Weekend

Over half term I was in a rugby tournament and it was really fun because loads of other teams were competing in it. My team is called Arabian Knights, I train for them every Saturday afternoon from half past five to half past seven. The tournament was for two days, it started at two thirty pm and ended at six thirty pm on the first day, and on the second day it started at ten am. There were two trophies for each age group, the top trophy was a normal trophy and the bottom trophy was a big shiny plate. The team that got the top trophy was the team that had won all their matches and won in the final, and the team that got the plate was the team that won out of the bottom group. Each match was seven minutes long each way which meant it was 14 minutes in total. My team drew in most of our matches and lost in two on the first day, but on the second day we had more luck and we won both of our matches. We made it to the final which we won!! So Arabian Knights 2 won the plate and we got to go on the podium where we were all given medals!
I felt really happy about winning the plate and proud of my self. I was playing the position wing, which is at the side of the pitch.When you are playing wing you have to always be ready to tackle the opposition, the winger is fast and has to be able to run down the pitch quickly with the ball.The coach said I had tackled the opposition like a demon!

 from Harry 'H

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Well done Harry and the rest of Arabian Nights for winning the plate.

felix said...

Congratulations Arabian Knights and Harry on winning the cup!
It sounds like you really enjoyed the tournement. My footy team also did a tournement but went out on peneltes, never mind this is your time to shine!!!!!