Sunday, February 13, 2011

Harry H's Oman review


Harry H’s Review of the Oman trip.

I have really liked my stay at Absolute Adventure , because I have enjoyed the activities and challenges because they were things I have always wanted to do.

The moment we left on the bus I was already exited, I could not wait for the fun things that waited for us at camp. Once we got their we had lunch and got ready for our first activity , I was doing kayaking. My favourite bit was kayaking into the sea , I was sharing a kayak with Tom H and he was at the front of the kayak and I was at the back . The funniest bit was probably when everyone attacked Mr Watson.

I had a decent first night, I got to sleep at about ten thirty and woke up in the morning at six o ‘clock . After breakfast I had mountain biking, It was pretty fun and I learned how to ride a bike a lot more. The only downside about it was that Cameron and I had a little accident, I was riding and Cameron was overtaking me, and then he accidently fell on me and we ended up tumbling over each other . We both had cuts , bruises and grazes , Cameron had plasters on and had to be carried back to camp in the car , I was not as hurt so I rode back.

Later on we did trekking which was probably my favourite activity, we had camelbacks which are these bags that hold 3 litres  of water and they have a suction pipe that you suck and water comes out. We went through a special route through the mountains and we went down on the beach, and played some games. We then walked back to camp and had supper.

My second night was like my first one except I woke up at seven o’ clock. After breakfast it was time for the activity I’d been waiting for the most which was rock climbing! You climb on a real rock face and abseil down it. We got there and put our helmets and harnesses and the other climbing equipment on. Everything was fine  until the rain came and we had to pack up and go back to camp . I felt quite disappointed but I wasn’t upset or angry. We played some games and had a good time back at camp, later on we did orienteering which was fun because we had to find our way to certain points and do challenges. The only part I found tricky was using the compass but I got the hang of it.

Mr Watson had to leave early because Mrs Watson was not feeling too well and she felt that the twins were coming. Later that night we had the talent show, I did not do it because I could not think of anything to do, I thought Joe was the best because his singing was very good.

In the morning we had the dhow cruise which was exciting because we were going to go snorkling , it was quite rough in the sea and some people got upset and threw up. On the brighter side we jumped into the water and had a swim with the snorkels on, the odd thing was we saw no fish . On our way back it was rough again but we handled it. We walked back to camp and packed up, on our journey back I sat with Joe. Back at school parents were waving as we got out of the bus and went home.

I really enjoyed my stay at Absolute Adventure and hope everyone else did.  I learnt lots of new things and I would love to go back again.

No comments: