Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dibba - Sophie says...


I had an amazing time at dibba and would have loved to have gone longer. I wish we could go back.

Day 1:

When we arrived we went to our cabins and half unpacked. In my cabin there
Was Erin, Georgina, Katie, Marie and me. We then had lunch and then we were put into our
Groups. I was with Mr Donaghey and in my group was Erin, Bethan, Rosie, Katie G, Ola, Max,
Amary, Matty and rory. My first activity was Mountain Biking. It was soo fun. I learnt how to jump
on my bike on the medium ramp and i managed to ride along the spine thing 3 times. Then we
rode back to camp, had a bit of free time, had dinner and had more free time. Then lights out at
10 i think.

Day 2:

On day 2 we woke up at 6:15 because we heard the cockerel. It was soo annoying : ).
Then we had the room inspection at 7:15 we got 4/5 and at 7:30 we had breakfast. After breakfast
We moved onto our next activity which I think was trekking which was instructed by Anya and Seb. They
Were both really nice. It was very interesting and I think the camelbacks were really cool. I managed to drink my 3 litres. After that we got back to camp had lunch and started our 2nd activity of the day. My second activity was rock-climbing on real rock with Eddie. There were 2 walls the 9m and the 13m. The girls did the higher wall first while the boys were doing the lower wall. Eddie told me to go zig zag which helped. I found more fun coming down than going up, but the scariest part was leaning back when I came down but I managed to do it. We then got back to camp had free time had dinner and then played a whole year game of tag. It was really fun.








Day 3:

My first activity on day 3 was sea kayaking. I went in a kayak with Rosie. We really struggled. We kept getting our fingers caught under the paddle some how. We were going up and down for ages but it was kind of fun. We then stopped and pulled up on shore because it was raining so we had a shell competition. Bethan and I won. Mine was a tiny little shell it was so cute : ) After the competition we kayaked back to where we started of and instead of being at the back rosie and I managed to zoom of infront we used all our energy but when we were walking back to camp we were both so exhausted. Well I was. When we got back to camp we had lunch and then every one did the same activity with different instructors which was orienteering which was really fun. However I think just before we started Mr W. had to leave because the twins were coming early. Later that night we had the talent show and just before it started we were told Mrs W. had 2 baby girls, Jessica and Layla. The talent show was soo fun Katie, Erin, Georgie, Leila and I did Introducing me. My favourite was Deborah Barbara and Dave which was Jasmine Hollis and Marie.
They were really good, so was everyone else.

Day 4:

Our last day of camp and we went on the Dhow cruise. Which was great fun. There was 2 dhows the bigger and the smaller one. On the way there I was on the bigger one with Erin and Katie. Some people got sea sick but we were chatting and sun bathing and having loads of fun. We then got to a place near the beach and went snorkelling. We jumped off the boat and miss bates even jumped of the upper floor. We then went back. But because some other people weren’t comfortable on the smaller dhow some of us swapped and I was one of them. It wasn’t as bumpy and didn’t rock side to side as much as they said. However it was freezing. So I had to put my jumper on top of my lifejacket with my snorkelling goggles on to keep most of my face warm and then I put my hood on and tied it up, I also rapped my towel around my legs. It was a great trip.

No comments: