Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oman trip - A review by Leila

I REEAALLLYY enjoyed dibba and all the activities we did there. My favourite activity was definitely mountain climbing. I loved how everything was so real. Like for instance using compasses and not machines to find our way around, because with machines you would know if you have done something wrong but with compasses you just have to trust yourself. Same thing with mountain climbing. You’re not climbing a wall where all the steps are already there for you, you’re finding the steps on your own.
I was really glad when I managed to get to the top of both mountains. Well not the top of the whole mountain, just to where we were meant to stop. I didn’t actually think I would manage to get halfway up either of them and was very surprised and pleased when I did get to the top of both. I was overjoyed when we reached the shore and stopped kayaking because even though it was an awful lot of fun, my arms were aching absolutely loads and I needed to rest them. The mountain biking was frustrating because I was always last and falling (I couldn’t even JUMP), but I like biking and still had fun. I surprised myself by enjoying trekking because I thought it would be boring walking, but the instructors found a way of making it interesting and I enjoyed myself alot.
The talent show was great. I don’t think we did particularly well but it was a great deal of fun watching other people’s talents. I laughed loads! I didn’t do much in the orienteering and the dhow cruise but I still had fun.
Over all I had the time of my life and I definitely would do it again if I could.

No comments: