Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Becoming an Avatar by Rosie

I looked around the room which was finally no longer a blur. I knew where I was now. It looked like some sort of medical room. There were some people in front of me. They were talking but, I couldn't concentrate. I felt strange. Dizzy and lightheaded.
I slowly sat up and looked at my hands. They were blue and I became suddenly very excited. Whatever had happened to me, felt good and then I had a sudden urge to charge into the world of freedom. I wiggled my toes slowly, yet with a lot of force.
Being in a wheel chair for as long as I can remember had made me forget what 'freedom' really ment.

I put my bare foot down onto the cool floor. I had never felt something so good in my whole life. I wasn't so easily satasfied, so I sharply jumped onto my feet. The feeling of standing up for the first time, made me feel more alive than ever.

People began to tell me to sit back down on the bed, but the feeling of putting weight on my legs made me wild. They were asking for things that just couldn't be done. I couldn't control myself. My dizzy head had taken over my body and there was no stopping me now.
A massive grin spread over my face. 'This is great' I reapeated in my head. I turned around to find I also had a tail, not something you see everyday. With a smile pinned on my face, I pushed open the door that was parting me and the freash air outside. As I was knocked into the blinding sunlight, I constantly started to blink. Finally I looked around me.

It was a world of different creatures. They were identicle to me. I could smell the fruity air and the whiff of freedom. Being in this new body was the best thing I ever did. It wasn't me now. The crazyness had completely taken over the reins. I looked around at the greenary for the last time, then I took off.  My feet were digging into the soil as I sprinted along the path.
Another Avatar was after me.
'We're not supposed to be running'he yelled.
Those words, those single words had made the crazyness more angry. It whipped the reins as hard as could be as I ran as fast as my new legs would take me. Finally I stopped as I past a bundle of lime green leaves. I happily dug and wiggled my feet in the cold lumpy soil. This was what I called heaven. Pretty much a dream come true. 

- Rosie 

No comments: